Court Mediation Session

Today was the day where I had to go to the Subordinate Courts to attend the court mediation session for the cheating case which the guy cheated me of my money.

Actually, I have given up hope on the money being recovered. I was prepared to let it go, but my friends and my mum had wanted to see that justice is served. This will also allow myself to have some faith in the Singapore’s judicial system. It also enhance my knowledge about the judicial process.

My mum was rather worried about this, that she kept asking me to pray for my safety and advised me how I should handle the judge. She even went to the extent to say that the guy may try to be funny with me and do harm to me. This was indeed rather paranoid of her. I regretted not getting my close friends to accompany me instead. But then again, she is my mum and I am her child. She has every right to be concerned and worried about me.

I was late for the appointment, even though I left my office half an hour early than the official time for 1/2 day PM leave. I would like to thank my boss, Mrs Wong for understanding my situation when I explained to her why I had to leave early.

In the end, the guy who cheated me didn’t show up. The judge asked me why I was so generous in parting such a big sum. I answered the judge with this:

He was holding a can of beer in his hand & he seemed a little drunk.

I had feared for my safety due to my physical disability and

I used to stay with relatives who could do anything when they are

are under the influence of alcohol.

So I just gave it to him out of fear”

The judge then asked me to consider the various avenues available to me, which were as follows:-

  1. Another mediation session for him to show up to try to explain himself
  2. A private summon against him from a lawyer which can be costly.

I chose the 1st option after much deliberation and thought, as I knew it was not worthwhile to spend a sum of money to recover my loss. Like what one of my friend said, your safety is more important, money can be earned back.

Mum was upset that the case could not be resolved. I had to tolerate her naggings, and she was suggesting that I do more donations to charity to clear the “karma” of being always made use of and cheated by people.

If this really helps, I would do so when my next bonus arrives. :-)

Thanks to my friends, Jas, Chloe, Wai Ling & Javier for their concern about me on this case. I really appreciate it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings