What Is Criminal Intentions?

The reason why I am writing this is because I do not understand why the Justice of Peace who handled my case felt that the swindle incident that happened to me is not a swindle case, as it had no criminal intentions.

I was thinking this was an elaborate case of swindling, where the law does not take into consideration, that due to the fact that I was physically challenged. He kept saying that I had given him the money willingly, despite the fact that I told him that I felt threatened by the can of beer that he was holding close to my face, does not constitute swindling.

I had thought of going to see my MP to seek further advice tomorrow, but my aunt said, there was no point in doing so since the JP has stated that I would lose the case, even I bring it further. The good part is I need not face him again and that I had been safe and sound, and just treat the money lost as a hefty lesson learnt.

I know that some of my friends are upset about this outcome. My secondary school buddy, Malcolm even suggested to me that I should blow up the matter to the press, letting people know how impotent our “top notch” justice system has been.

I am just physically tired from all this. It has been a “good” lesson about the “top notch” legal system in Singapore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings