Where Is My Testimonial?

I needed to get my testimonial from my ex-employer for my application to the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals. I have decided to join the organisation after my bosses decided to certify my application to the organisation. They have also asked me to adopt a more relaxed approach towards ACCA since I do not really need it as taxation is my interest and also my bread and butter. This was also the advice given by my friends, who knew that I was really struggling with the last 4 Professional Stage Papers.
I was a little frustrated that the testimonial never came despite me leaving 2 messages with my ex-colleagues. On the 3rd time, I decided to call my ex-colleague, Q to ask her to remind my ex-bosses again. To my surprise, she said she was aware that I have requested for the testimonial, as my 2 other colleagues had broadcasted that I needed it for some form of job application. This is a white lie in order for me to get my testimonial.
The next day, my ex-colleague called me to tell me that she was in the process of typing it and would be sending it out that evening.
It has left me wondering why they have taken so long to issue the testimonial. To think that I have introduced my insurance agent’s agency’s accounting, corporate secretarial & audit work to them, just before I left the company, despite the fact that some of the colleagues were making life difficult for me towards the end of my stay.
Hopefully, all goes well, and I can submit the application and get it approved soon.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings