You Are Not My Boss

My colleague has been on leave for this two weeks so I was asked to help out with some of her admin stuff. One of the tasks was to help her to print out the company email and distribute it to my accounting department and tax department colleagues. Since I am not so free to sit around the 2 computers that have access to the company’s  email, I will usually just select from the new emails that are not printed till the last one that I printed in the morning and afternoon.

There is this colleague from the accounting department, who does not seem to like me. After I passed her emails to her, she would actually tear up the emails. I have noticed it a few times, but I just don’t bother.

On Thursday, she just told me in a loud voice that there was no need to print her emails as she usually would have read them when she steps into the office and after her lunch. How would you expect me to know that you have already read the emails? I am just being asked by my boss to help you all print out the emails. If you do not wish me to print, just let me know nicely. There is no need for you to shout at me.

This has affected my mood partly. There was another incident where the auditor was not co-operative & did not provide the accounting schedules for tax purposes. I had to ask the client to do them. The problem was as the client was of the view that as the auditor and the tax agent of the company, we should help them do up the accounting schedules for tax purposes.

Then again, the client is right to think that way as they feel that they have paid a premium for our services. The most difficult part was that the client had prepared tax schedules with insufficient info, making me very frustrated and angry when I was doing the case. It didn’t help that the auditor was breathing down my neck, chasing me when the tax provision would be ready.

I have since passed the case back to my manager, not because the case is too complex but I just can’t stand people use their position to exert their pressure on me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings