CNY Gathering @ My House

It has been a regular feature for 3 years now that I invite my friends over to my place for Chinese New Year Gathering. This year was very different as I had initially thought of catering buffet for my friends, but the cost of the buffet was way over my budget as I knew that my guests would not eat very much as it is the Chinese New Year period and they have been eating throughout the whole CNY period. The guest list was very different from the guest list last year, as most of the people invited were those who have not been to my house before.

The final plan was that I decided to order some gyoza, roasted duck and noodles from Sheng Siong Supermarket food court near my house. My mum decided to cook carrot and radish soup, prepare some fruits and yusheng. The final cost was cheaper than what I have budgeted for the cost of the buffet.

It was great that my guests, Paul Tseng, Jonathan & Andrina had enjoyed the gyoza that I had ordered. It was good to see my 2 poly friends, Huiyu & Yvonne, as it has been a while since I really caught up with them. I would like to thank Desmond & Yvonne & Huiyu's mum for their angpow. I also would like to thank Dorothy & Catherine from the Foodie Group for taking time off their busy schedule for this session. Not only that, my bus driver friend, Ricky. It has been 3 years since I last caught up with him, therefore it was great to see him.

Besides that, I would also like to thank Lanny for her tidbits from Malaysia and these 7 friends for the bird nest as the gift for inviting them to my house.

  1. Ivy
  2. Betty 
  3. Ann
  4. WK
  5. Alex
  6. Evelyn
  7. Ah Liang
I also would like to thank Evelyn, Alex & Ah Liang for helping my mum out in the kitchen that day. 


I am still awaiting the photos from my photographer for the day, WK before I can share some of the photos here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings