Rabbit Hop Hop Year Day 3 & Day 4

The 3rd day of the Rabbit Year had only a visit, which was to was 3rd aunt's place in the north-eastern part of Singapore. She had been working for the past two days of CNY, as a result, we were only able to visit her on the 3rd day. We had a delicious steamboat lunch and a great catch-up session.

On the 4th day of CNY, it was back to my 1st uncle's place to offer prayers to my grandparents, who passed away quite a long time ago. I only had memories of my grandma, who brought me up till I was 12 years old. Her passing 20 years ago,  it was the first major change of my life. Therefore, I do still think of her sometimes. As for my  grandpa, I had no recollection of him as I was not born when he passed away. We had a feast again and a mini gambling session which I won a bit of money with my relatives.

After that, I went to pay a visit to my secondary school buddy's place, which was near my uncle's place. I have known him since I was in Sec 1. Despite knowing that he was not around, I still decided to pay him a visit as I had known him and his family for close to 20 years. I was happy to hear that my buddy will be getting married next month. His dad was retrenched about half a year ago, and had not been working since. I felt bad receiving Uncle's angpow as I had knew that he was not working but he insisted on giving as he said that I was not married yet. =)

It was good to hear that my buddy's brother and sister are doing well as a designer and teacher respectively. It makes me feel that I am starting to age. It also surprises me that a friendship from secondary school days can last so long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings