What Is Friendship To You?

Recently, there were several instances that happened to me or around me that caused me to think about this question in deep thought.

Ed Note: The names have been withheld so as to prevent unnecessary brickbats on my blog.

  1. A friend of mine, whom I used to be close with, but later decided not to keep in contact, as she had always asked me for loan and I always had problems chasing back the payment, as she did not keep up to the repayment schedule as promised, suddenly messaged me in the middle of the night, and asked me for a huge loan. If you were in this situation, how would you react?
  2. It’s the eve of a public holiday, and you planned something for your close friends as a get together. In the course of the event, some friends whom you did not invite, saw you guys having fun together and stirred up a big fuss about why you did not invite them. If you were in this situation, how would you react?
  3. A group of friends decided to share a birthday gift for a common friend whose birthday was approaching. The initiator of the idea sent out a message to the common friends that he had with the birthday person and those who received the message were okay with the idea and the budget. The initiator then went with several people to get the gift. About a week later, a few of them, whom was okay with the sharing of present in the 1st place, decided to back out, as they claimed that this group of friends did not invite them to a group tour that this group of friends were having with the birthday gal. The initiator had to spend some time and effort to explain to the people sharing the gift that these few people had backed out, and also keep it from the birthday gal that this happen?  If you were in this situation, how would you react?

So would you keep these people as your friends?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings