Office PC Burned

This happened on Wednesday when I was working halfway when the office PC that I was using suddenly hanged. Knowing my office PC well, I had to reset my PC without letting it shut down and restart by itself as it is a recycled PC that has been previously used by my 2 audit department colleagues before it was passed to me for use. You can imagine how good the PC is.

Just after I press the reset button, I smelt a burning smell. From my experience obtained from working in a computer service co-coordinator some years ago, I knew that most likely the power supply on the CPU was burned. This shocked my colleagues when they smelt the burning smell.

I was given a temporary laptop for use for these few days at work. I am not used to it as I am more accustomed to having a CPU with a LCD monitor as my home PC and office PC have wide screen displays, making my work easier.

I had to ask from my boss a new CPU as his son was adamant that I use another recycled PC from the secretarial department. I was relieved that my boss accepted my explanation and agreed to my request. I am looking forward to my new PC. Let’s see how good it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings