A Saturday of Fiasco


This song best describes how I felt over the last weekend
For the 1st time in history, I did not know how I was going to describe what happened on last Saturday that it took me a few days to decide and calm myself down and pen it down in my blog.
I had planned a bi-monthly KTV gathering session for the group members. As the usual manager of Partyworld International Building branch was on leave (He is the one that usually take my bookings, wherever I have KTV gatherings), I was asked to contact the branch directly. I decided that besides making a phone call to the branch, I had to make an appearance at the branch to communicate with the supervisor better. It also shows that I am sincere and not playing a fool about this. In the end, I had to go there twice, each time to increase the number of rooms that I had previously booked. It was unfortunate that the supervisor who took in my request misunderstood my request and did not give me the additional room that I requested on my second visit.
On the actual day of the event, I had a hunch that something may just go wrong somehow, therefore I decided to step in early into the branch early. So when the usual branch staff told me that I had only these rooms to work with, and the branch was operating at full capacity. It was not possible to give us an additional room at that point in time. Jonathan and I had little choice but to try to accommodate the people into the rooms we had. The staff also tried to assist us by checking if there was any last minute cancellations to help us get a room. The situation was not helped by the fact that 2 people came by unannounced, without informing us through Facebook or sms. The fortunate thing that we finally got the room that we wanted so badly to accommodate the rest, one hour after the event started.
This whole episode made me a little listless, let alone had the mood to sing. The things that perked me up was a whatsapp message from a friend, asking me to enjoy my singing and gave me 3 microphones, and the understanding from most of them who attended the gathering, including the newbies.
However, there was this member, who attends the group sessions regularly. I was shocked by the remarks he made over MSN about how badly organised the ktv was for this round? It seems like the group is a little messy this round and will go downhill if not careful.
These remarks prompted me to write this to all members of the group.
On behalf of the group’s organizing committee, we would like to thank everyone who have supported the group’s KTV events since the group first event, about 3 years ago.
We are encouraged by the strong interest that the group has been generating since its first event. We hope to keep the group going with the intention of gathering people with the common interest of singing and hope that friendships are formed between all of you.
The organizing committee is delighted to see a good turnout for the KTV event that we organized on 23 July 2011. However, due to some miscommunication with the Partyworld Management, we were given a room short for this event. This unfortunate event was complicated by the fact that the management was not able to give us the room that we requested for as they were operating at full capacity that day. We had no choice but to try to accommodate all of you first in the allocated rooms. We knew that this could have caused some unhappiness among the people who attended the event that day, in terms of the allocation of rooms.  We seek your understanding on this, and apologise if you have not enjoyed at this event.
We also note that some of you may have issues with the sound systems and the service staff that day too.  The people in my room encountered faulty microphones and slow service of drinks.  However, this is something beyond our control.
Moving forward, the organizing committee has decided that with effect from the next group gathering, tentatively expected to happen in September or October 2011, we would do the following:-
  1. The closing deadline for registration of events will be strictly enforced. This would prevent the fiasco that we have encountered today. Members who clicked after the registration deadline will not be entertained.
  2. You can choose to communicate your intention to attend through the following platforms:-
1)      Facebook by clicking on the event
2)      Email – paul1979@singnet.com.sg
3)      SMS to the organizers
We hope that by doing this, your enjoyment to the event will not be compromised, therefore we seek your co-operation and understanding on this.
Thank you.
Paul
On behalf of Singing @K Events
I also wrote an email to Partyworld feedbacking the poor service. They have since gave me to what I feel is a positive response.
Hopefully, all is cleared by the next gathering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings