Work Mix Up

I am sure that most of you have met by hiccups and made mistakes at work. I feel that the most important is to be able to learn from mistakes & not to repeat it again.

Working in a professional firm for about 8 years, I do have my fair share of hiccups and mistakes. In fact, at my previous firm, I was called in to my boss’ office and fired at for the mistakes openly in front of everyone. It was really embarrassing to be shamed for my mistakes in front of so many colleagues.

This happened again in office this week. Fortunately, the targeted person was not me. The mistake, I personally feel that could be prevented if proper measures and training were in place.

I think the worst part for my colleagues was being scolded by the audit partner through the speaker phone. If I were the boss, I would have called them into my office, shut the door and talk to them about their mistakes privately.

I would also give them a chance for them to work and repent from their mistakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings