My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

I just managed to work out the draft hosting script for the National Day Event I am hosting. I am thankful for all the comments that I have received from my fellow RC members and friends.
Just feel that sometimes, no matter whatever you do, some people, no matter for what reasons, will not be happy with the arrangements. I just wish to say that I am already trying my best to try to get this event going, considering the fact, that this is the 1st time I am organising an RC event. I have also tried my best, despite the fact that I would like to have a free hand to organise the event, just like what I usually do for the KTV events I have on Facebook, I accommodated to the requests that I should somehow follow the past years’ format to do the event. I know that I am not very familiar with how things are run at the RC, therefore in the end, my organising committee only made some changes to the event as we had a limited budget to work on. I even volunteered myself to do the hosting for the event as the members feedbacked to me that our budget for the lucky draw would not be enough if we were to hire a host for 2 hours.
Anyway, I will continue to do my best, and hope that everything turns out well on Tuesday.
Below is a draft of my hosting script. Please feel free to give your comments.
Hi,
Good morning to all RC members, residents, friends, ladies & gentlemen,
My name is Paul, and I will be your emcee for the 2nd half of this event, which will include the quiz segment, the prize presentation ceremony for the art competition, the lucky draw, followed by lunch.
For those of you who are more attracted by the snake & ladders game that we are having at the other corner, you can do so. Not to worry, there will be prizes for the kids who are participating in the snake & ladders game as well. =)
Let’s start off with the quiz segment. If you know the answers to the questions, please make your way up on stage. The one with the correct answer gets a prize. =) I am a little nervous here as this is my 1st time hosting an event for all of you. =)
Emcee to start asking questions, which will include these 6 questions at the end, before the conduct of the prize presentation for the art competition & the conduct of the lucky draw.
1) Where is the National Day parade held this year?
a. The Float at Marina Bay ( Correct answer)
b. The Padang
c. National Stadium
2) What is the theme of this year’s National Day Parade?
a. Reach out Singapore
b. One People One Nation One Singapore
c. Majulah The Singapore Spirit (Correct answer)
3) Now’s let’s invite some children to come on stage to sing National Day Songs. The first 3 children who can come up on stage to sing will win a prize. Each child must sing a different song.
4) What does Majulah Singapura mean?
a. Onward Singapore ( Correct answer)
b. Together Singapore
c. One Singapore
5) BONUS QUESTION: Majulah Singapura is also the national anthem of Singapore. The first person who can come on stage to sing the national anthem will win a prize. ( MC to invite all to stand to sing the anthem too when the first person comes up)
Official Version - Majulah Singapura
Mari kita rakyat Singapura
Sama-sama menuju bahagia
Cita-cita kita yang mulia
Berjaya Singapura
Marilah kita bersatu
Dengan semangat yang baru
Semua kita berseru
Majulah Singapura
Majulah Singapura

Emcee to request cue for National Anthem to be played and residents to rise and sing the National Anthem.
6) BONUS QUESTION: the first person who can come up on stage to say the National Pledge (complete with action - clench their right fists to the left side of their chest) will win a prize. ( MC to invite all to stand and stand the pledge together.
The Pledge in English
We, the citizens of Singapore, pledge ourselves as one united people, regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for our nation.

The moment that everyone has been waiting for has arrived. I would like to invite our Jalan Kayu RC Zone 4 chairman, Mr. James Soh on stage to distribute the lucky draw prizes.
Emcee to announce the prizes based on 20th to 1st in the order.
What an exciting end to the lucky draw! I am sure all of you are hungry. I understand that the buffet lunch is ready. Please queue for your lunch with the food coupon issued. With that, we have come to the end of the event. I hope everyone has enjoyed yourselves in this event.
See you soon!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

June Musings