Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover

3771

I had boarded the Scania Wheelchair Accessible Bus as shown in the picture above today on Service 54.

Friends who have known me should have heard me mentioning about this bus, which is wheelchair friendly, but the design is unfriendly due to its additional step when you moved to the back of the bus for seats. As a result, I usually would take a seat at the seats meant for the old, pregnant ladies, disabled & young children. I am entitled to sit there anyway as I am physically challenged anyway.

I was rather disturbed when a fellow commuter asked me to get up and give up my seat to an old lady at the Novena Church bus stop. I decided to stand up and didn’t wish to argue with her as her attitude seems a little unfriendly.

Once I stood up, she kept quiet and apologised to me for failing to note the fact that I was physically challenged and asked the two children sitting beside me to give up their seat to the old lady.

I wish to say, some things happen for a reason, therefore don’t judge a book by its cover. If you want people to respect you, respect others first.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings