One Good Turn Deserves Another

While on the way home, mum sms me that she did not cook dinner and dad & her was at the Blk 147 coffeeshop for dinner.

When I reached there, I was greeted by unfamiliar faces, as I had never knew them to be my parents’ friends. I did not feel that it was right for me to raise questions how they knew my parents as I knew that my parents would tell me later, or at the course of the dinner, the answer will be out.

It was after the dinner that I knew what happened. Apparently, my dad had witnessed an accident involving a university student some days ago. The driver involved in the accident had run a traffic light as the university student was crossing the road. She was hit by the car, but was fortunate to suffer slight injuries. My dad, who was behind the hit and run driver assisted her to call her family to bring her to the hospital.

The dinner was a treat from her parents to thank us. I always believe that we should always help people wherever the person is in need of our help. As such, I am proud of my dad for doing so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings