Angry Prelude To A Friday

The day started on a bad note. As it was raining, I took a cab to work. The journey was surprisingly smooth but it was not to be when I reached the office.

I have been and will be covering for my manager for 10 days as she is clearing her leave now in Korea. I thought I was doing quite well, considering that the work she had to leave behind. I have been working hand in hand since I joined the company about 4 years ago.

I was not surprised that I was being called into the office by the senior partner after I was being warned by the managing partner of the audit firm that I have been “passing comments” about their work, leaving the new technical partner wondering what was going on between the tax department & audit department recently.

I am not supposed to say what transpired between the involved parties in the meeting, but I must say it certainly got me very heated that I had to restrain myself from losing my cool today.

Basically, I am just following the instructions of my senior partner, who is my paymaster. I am not a person who can sit down & gossip like a market like what some of the staff does. I am one who is concerned about my deadlines and prioritizes the urgent work first. I am one who offers my assistance to speed up when requested. If all these things done by me are not enough and appreciated, there is no point in working for you guys and rushing for you guys and getting brickbats and words being put into my mouth after I have rushed the work for you guys.

If not for the love for the job and my good manager and my good bosses who appreciates what I have been doing, I would have left a long time ago.

This certainly spoiled my mood for the day that it really took some good food and a TV show to wash down my anger.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings