A Good Deed

scania_single_deck_bus

I had boarded the bus (Service 128) from my usual bus stop at Royal Plaza at Scotts on Thursday

This service is a semi-express bus service that serves from Shenton Way to Ang Mo Kio during evening peak hours. As I settled down on my seat on the bus, I noticed that a young girl sitting beside me appearing anxious as the bus travelled past Newton Road. The bus had not stopped as it was part of its express route, which would take the bus to Bishan MRT.

My guess was that the gal had boarded the wrong bus. She seemed rather lost. I tried to talk to her, asked her where she was heading to. My guess was right. She told me she was heading to Newton Road. I told her that the bus will stop only at Bishan MRT. She was stunned at first, but I managed to calm her down told her to follow me as I would be alighting at the station. She called her mum in the meantime, telling her that she took the wrong bus. I believed that her mum told her to take a cab when she reached Bishan. I could not understand what she told her mum as I believed that they are Japanese.

As the bus reached Bishan MRT station, I asked the gal to alight at the station and accompanied her to wait for a cab. I waited for her to get into the cab before continuing my journey home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings