Work Musings

It has been a hectic three months at work as although it was bonus month in December and salary adjustment month in January, it was indeed a busy period these 3 months as I was rushing the corporate tax returns for my clients in November. Little did I expect that the IRAS to issue the tax composition fines in January to our corporate tax clients that we had not completed due to various reasons, which I would put it down to communication breakdown.

During these 3 months, a lot of “office politics” happened in office too, making it going to work is like working in a place, where a war is happening, and you must have your weapons ready to fight the war or defend yourself to avoid getting hit.

Let’s hope that all these will end in February as my boss promised to look into them after January.

Although I feel that I have been quite adequately rewarded in the bonus and in the salary adjustment exercise, I would prefer to work in an environment where there is no 溏心风暴(fighting for power) as it can be rather draining on the company’s staff too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings