Some Things Cannot Be Rushed

It has been a while since I last blogged as I was feeling a little sad from a recent failure of a trial relationship and my family had been pestering me that I should get into a BGR with someone that they have seen before as they felt that this gal will be a good choice. In fact, they keep pressuring me, telling me that I should get my own flat when I reached 35 years old, something which I am not very keen on, as I feel that it could hinder my search in my future life partner. I do know there are benefits of having your own flat, but there are disadvantages too when u are single.

One of my female friends, who I knew for quite while, had tried to introduce one of her school friends to me. I have tried my best for the past two months to try to kickstart the friendship, but unfortunately, when the relationship becomes a one way traffic, with me doing most of the talking and asking questions, and she is there giving me with one or two words answers to my questions. I know you and I work in different fields, and have different working hours, but at least, please respect me by try to answer in complete sentences, otherwise it is very hard for us to start the friendship and let it progress it into a BGR. I have since told my friend that I do not wish to continue the friendship with her friend anymore.

As for the trial relationship that failed, I had knew this gal, who suffers from the similar physical disability as me through the online dating site, Ok Cupid in early May. I was very surprised that she was the one who messaged me and we chatted online for about one month before we decided that we should give ourselves a chance to meet up and know each other better. I was actually quite impressed by her as she was able to hold down a stable job in a statutory board and she is very independent despite her physical disability. I did not feel inferior that the fact she is earning about $700 more than me will be an issue to me, nor her religious beliefs of being a Christian was a hindrance as my parents have proved that a couple with different religions can exist and stay happy together. This is something that I agree strongly, especially after joining the grassroots, as you need to be able to be pull the residents from the various races and various religions together. In order to do that, you have to respect each other’s beliefs.

My close friends agreed with me that I was not given enough time to prove myself in this relationship. They have given me very encouraging words to keep my spirits up. I wish to thank them for all the encouragement.

As for the gal which my parents said was suitable for me, I personally feel that the gal has many bad points which I feel that I cannot accept. Her complicated family matters and controlling parents and relatives and her selfishness as the only child in the family will make a BGR stressful if we were to begin the relationship.

Having watched so many episodes of the Shanghai matchmaking programmes, 百里挑一 and 谁能百里挑一 with so many eligible bachelors and bachelorettes talking about what kind of guy and gal they wish to have as a boyfriend or girlfriend, I do know of my strengths and weakness and what type of a gal I need that will be able to complement my life and accept me for what I am.

I certainly want my love life or married life be a happy one and not one filled with quarrels and misunderstandings and soon after you will find that you will reach the end point of the union, which can be quite hurting for both parties. It can be worse if u have children from the union.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings