A Harrowing Experience on A Online Dating Site

Recently, I had known this gal from an online dating site called OK Cupid, which I had joined in the view of widening my social circle, and maybe I may just get to know my Ms Right. But this recent experience really was an eye opener for me in terms of knowing people on social networking & online dating site.

This gal had exchanged messages with me and stated that she would like to know me as friends. At first, everything seemed fine as we chatted happily. Then, during one instance, she actually requested for my handphone number as she felt that it was a little troublesome, having to reply and send messages to me through the website & waiting for my reply. Thinking nothing of it, I gave her my handphone number & email for her to add me on Facebook. I did not expect this to become my nightmare.

This gal started to message me everyday at several certain timings, like just before I leave for work, at 10am, my lunch, before I end my work, after my dinner & before I hit the sack. At first, I thought nothing of it, but soon, I got rather irritated by it. Here are two incidents to show why I was so irritated that I decided to cut off all contacts with her after giving it serious thoughts. The good part was I did not actually go out with her as I felt that I did not know this person well enough and she did not impress me with her antics.

1st

I was asked by the CC manager to help out in the distribution of dengue fever awareness pamphlets at my block as my block was found to have 2 dengue cases for the past week. When I told her that I was doing that, she replied why I should do that, I should get someone else to do it.

2nd

I had been ill one of the days, but had to head back to work as the medical leave given by my doc had ended and I had a fair bit of activities over that weekend. She said, why shouldn’t I be resting at home? It set me thinking as my mum is not as controlling as her.

After this, I chose not to reply her, but she carried on with her crazy messages over whatsapp, line & viber. I got so irritated that after consulting my friends, I decided to tell her directly that I felt irritated by what she did and hope that she could cut down on it.

I guessed she was offended by what I said, and did not reply me after my stand off with her a few weeks ago. She has since deleted me from Facebook.

In my heart, I was happy that the nightmare was finally over and it really gave me a good lesson about giving your phone numbers to strangers online when chatting on the Internet.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings