The Shiok Feeling of Getting Back At Someone

I have been working in my current company for almost 4.5 years already. There is this colleague who is sitting beside me, from the accounting division, who likes to eavesdrop to our working or personal conversations of my department & admin department, and carry tales back to her own department or the audit department. This is the cause of my strained working relationships with some of my audit department as she overheard my feedback to my bosses & manager that some of them are not co-operative enough to assist in getting the accounting /  tax schedules for us when they are at the client’s place for audit. This also explains why my bosses are holding back to hire more staff to assist us as they are afraid that the audit division will pass over the preparation of  accounting / tax schedules to us if the schedules are not done by the client. My boss is aware of this and have gave me specific instructions on how to deal with this “superspy colleague” and the lack of tax schedules, which I cannot reveal it here due to client’s confidentiality issues.

I have a new colleague recently, who happens to be my friend, once again, after my boss put me in charge of the recruitment of staff for the tax & corporate secretarial divisions. I thank my boss for the trust in me, despite the fact that the first two candidates not performing up to expectations and was subsequently asked to leave. This new colleague seems very stable, so much better than the first two. My manager was saying I should have asked her to come in in the first place. I told her that I did, but did not manage to convince her well enough.

This new colleague was discussing with me about some work issues that she was unclear about when this superspy colleague started to look into our direction, most likely to be listening to our conversation. My new colleague had been a little disturbed that she has been eavesdropping our conversation since she came in about a month ago. But I certainly did not expect her to ask the superspy this in Mandarin, “Hi, superspy, do you have any questions to ask me, otherwise why did you keep looking into our direction?”

Let’s hope after this incident, this superspy will stop all her spy tales & spying actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings