How Come Wrong Telephone Line Was Terminated?

I had signed up the fibre broadband with Singtel on 20 August but I did not expect it was to be the start of my another nightmare in my 7 year association with Singtel, something similar to what happened when I first signed up MIO TV when EPL crossed over from Starhub to the MIO TV platform, where they gave me a 3rd telephone line when I did not ask for it.

I do not think I should terminate my association just yet as I feel that their service is still better than M1 & Starhub, having used the three telcos for internet, pay TV & mobile services before. This is considered as small case.

The purpose of sharing the complaint  letter is to highlight the importance of checking your bills and remembering to state your request clearly.

I am writing in to express my disappointment in the sales service and customer service department from my home residential line, internet service provider, handphone service provider and pay-tv service provider, Singtel.

I had recontracted my Singnet broadband service at Ang Mo Kio Hub Hello Store on 20 August 2012. I was served by your sales assistant, Clement, who suggested that I should sign up for the exStream 100MB fibre broadband plan, as although it is slightly more expensive, the internet access speed is faster. However, during the signup, I was not made aware that as I have a second residential line, I would be required to pay a discounted rate of $12.50 every quarter. The rent-free period that I had for the 2 residential lines in my previous MIO Home Plan did not apply any longer. I only discovered about the additional charges when I received my Singtel electronic bill for the month on 13 October 2012.

As I was not willing to pay for the charges as I was not informed of in the first place, I got my friend, who works at your company’s customer service department to arrange for your billing department to call me back for clarification. Your billing department explained to me about the requirement to pay $12.50 every quarter under the eXPLORE 100 plan for the second residential line that I owned. I asked her if it was possible to cancel one of the lines, 64844927, which were originally for the Internet, and swap it to the other line, 64824962. I was transferred to the sales department and I repeated my request and was advised that it could be done, but it will take three working days with effect from 15 October 2012, the day your billing department called me.

As I was busy with my work, I was not aware that the line that I wished to cancel was still active, until I called back on Monday, 22 October 2012, and spoke to a Mr Mohamed. I was made aware that the request to cancel the line, 64844927 was wrongly written as 64824962, to be cancelled. I highlighted the mistake made to him and told him that I wanted 64844927 to be cancelled and 64824962 to be retained. However, the wrong line 64824962 was still cancelled.

I would like to speak to the management about this. I would like my residential line, 64824962, to be retained and without any charges. MIO TV and fibre broadband should be used on this line and the Phone Plus service of call waiting should be restored.

I have enclosed my Singtel bill for your easy reference. Please get back to me soon.

Thank you.

Please do not dessiminate my number out for unauthorised use. I do not like nuisance calls. =)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings