Busy Busy Me

It has been a while since I update this  blog of mine. I have been rather busy with my work and other activities that required my attention.

Form C-S & Form C e-filing

My boss has entrusted me with this project to liaise with IRAS on their new Form C e-filing portal. It was supposed to start on 11 July, however, according to the authorities, the start date has been delayed. I am actually looking forward to this as this would give us an additional time to file the income tax returns for our clients by 15 days.

Changes to management in my workplace

Due to a partner’s withdrawal in the associated firm, my boss has placed more emphasis on our punctuality at work and performance at work. This message, although directed at the latecomers at my place, and a particular staff, who always complained that she has to do my boss’ personal stuff & mundane work tasks ,  meant that my returning colleague and myself have to take on  more responsibilities. To me, working means that you have to do whatever your boss asks you to, unless your boss ask you to do something that you will feel that its an insult to you.
As for punctuality issues, I feel that it was right for my boss to emphasise on this to everyone, although she was egged into action after the associate firm’s new managing partner had always commented on us disturbing their staff during working hours & some of us being fashionably late, reporting half an hour to 2 hours late, and giving funny excuses like I need to do my hair, took the wrong bus etc. Since my boss’ emphasis, not much change has been seen. Maybe it is time for some stronger action to be taken.
RC Treasurer Duties
I have been working on this duty since July last year. Recently, one of my assistants have decided to step down due to heavy work commitments, while the other had been lazing around for far too long. I have been handling all the paperwork and doing the accounts on a monthly basis for the past six months. I had been requesting for a new assistant to come in. My prayers were answered at the last meeting, when a new observer, armed with accounting knowledge has decided to step in and help out. My RC chairman and Constituency Manager also spoke to the assistant, who agreed to help me with the paperwork as well.
My mum had not been in favour of me joining the Grassroots as she feels that I should focus more on looking for a life partner, getting a flat when I reach 35 or completing my ACCA. A life partner is something that I want but not something which I have control over. I do not agree with her that if I were to complete my ACCA, gals will come swarming to me. I feel that they may be swarming to me because of my money.
For my ACCA, I have stopped since I have gained admission to the SIATP, Accredited Tax Practitioner. As I have been failing continuously since passing my Advanced Tax Paper, I thought a professional tax qualification will do me good as I am not cut out for audit due to my physical disability and I have no intention to venture into a minefield with the accounting & audit standards.
For the flat, my viewpoint your flat is an asset after you have paid for it. You should never pay for your asset when you are going into your retirement. As my CPF savings is not that much to finance a flat since I started out late, I feel that I should wait for my Ms Right to come along, although mum has spoken that she will help me with the repayment of the flat if needed.
VES Appreciation Ceremony 2014
This yearly event is something that I always look forward to. I am glad that my team, Serangoon CC is one of the Top 3 CCs once again and I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate Jason, Jasmine & Gary for winning the Outstanding Volunteer Awards & Commendation Awards. Here are some photos for your enjoyment.
eF_151eF_156Grp photo (VES Volunteers)Paul Lee

IMG-20140629-WA0005
IMG-20140629-WA0010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings