Help Help Help

Recently, I knew a gal online through the Ok Cupid. It has been a while since I know people online & come out with them as I feel that I do not really meet by someone whom I have chemistry with, or some people minded about my physical disability and did not wish to continue their friendship with me. To me, its their loss. I still made some female friends in this site, whom I am still in contact with.

I was quite surprised that this gal was pretty keen to meet me, especially so less than a week after having got my number. I was wondering why. After having got my number, she started to whatsapp or sms me, asking when we could meet. It did not occur to me that she had depression before and I had appeared to look like her ex boyfriend (according to what she told me when we met.) She also told me that her guy friend, who saw my profile, told her this. This was something that made me a little uncomfortable on hearing this.

Since that meeting, she had been trying to ask me out, as she feels that this friendship could develop further. To me, I was initially willing to give it a try, but on seeing her keeping on messaging me during my office hours and expecting an almost immediate reply and her behaviour when she saw my tagged photos that I took with a group of female friends (She deleted me from her Facebook since this incident), when she is not even my girlfriend make me realise that she could just be a lonely soul, that treats me as a substitute for her ex-boyfriend. I suspected her depression could be back too, after she lost her job as a nurse recently and she is an attention seeker

Another thing which I did not like about her was she always wanted to meet at the last minute, and cancel as she please. Friends who know me would know that I am a person, with many commitments. Work, family, RC activities and my relaxation activity, KTV keeps me occupied. I think this could be one of the reasons why I am not suffering from depression, as I am always so busy and I keep myself happy when I do things.

Therefore, after much deliberation, I have taken the drastic step to block her from my whatsapp, sms & phone calls as I feel that I deserve better gals than this and I should not be controlled upon what I want to do. This is the 1st time I am doing so.

To this person, my advice is to seek help on your depression, otherwise it will affect your future job, wherever you are and whatever you do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings