Hoping for A Smooth May

I was hoping for a smooth month of May as the “choosy about work” colleague had left the company.  I had been asked to take over a small part of her portfolio while the rest was distributed among the rest of the department.

Little did I expect the staff employed to have the same bad working habits as the departed one, as the staff that took over blurted out that she was in contact with her almost everyday. My boss’ and my concern was that this departed staff must have influenced this new gal with her bad working habits. It got so bad that my boss asked me to take charge of her. The problem with this gal was she is quite young, about 20, and does not like to be controlled. Despite telling her to cut out the bad habits, she got worse than her predecessor. 

I had not expected the predecessor to teach her all the bad habits that she had. Because to me, it is always good to depart from a job nicely and peacefully, so that when your new employer asks for references, your ex employer can give a good reference for you.

On a happy note, to free myself from all these unhappy stuffs at work, I have restarted my NACLI course for Certificate in Community Development. I must say I have learnt a lot in the past two weeks during my Partners In Harmony & Effective Meetings Course. At least now, I know that Hari Raya Puasa is not Malay new year. It is a celebration that they are able to overcome difficulties by fasting.

I am also happy to receive 2 emails from IRAS yesterday. I will be receiving 2 awards for my contributions for the IRAS VES exercise this year. One is the outstanding volunteer award,  the other being a long service award for 10 years of service for the exercise. The best part was all of us who were nominated will be getting the awards. It has not happened before. The whole team was nominated and everyone got it.

10986668_778968355535693_4412089244747567128_n

List of winners

 

Top 3 CC – The Serangoon CC 

Long Service Awards

  • Paul – 10 years
  • Haris – 10 years
  • Jason – 5 years

Outstanding Volunteer Awards

  • Paul
  • Haris
  • Chun Feng
  • Jasmine
  • Meiqi
  • Jianyi

Commendation Award

  • Juliet
  • Jessie
  • Grace
  • Jason

I would like to congratulate of you for getting the awards. You deserved it as your contributions & efforts helped to make VES at the Serangoon a success !!!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings