Heavy Responsibilities & A Heavy Heart

.As I am writing this post, I am hoping that the two missing persons from the recent Sabah earthquake can be found, as it will bring a close to what has been a roller coaster of emotions for the past few months that we Singaporeans are facing.

My boss has given me new responsibilities since my previous post in this blog of mine. I am to take charge of the new gal, who she recruited to replace my friend at work. A new lunch slot has been allocated to me. I have to lunch an hour later, so that I can guard her. I am still interested in my job, but this responsibility seems to be of a HR function. Although I cannot doubt my boss’ trust in my capability. I was hinting to mum that I have some thoughts about moving on, but my mum is not in favour of it, for fear that I will not meet by a boss that will be mindful of my physically challenged state.

Another thing that is stopping me is because my manager’s current health condition & the fact that I feel that I am still learning a lot, despite being here for nearly 8 years. My department colleagues are willing to share their knowledge and sometimes we learn together. I think it is something which I do not see in my previous jobs.

Hopefully, things will be better in this half of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings