Busy Month of September

It has been a busy month for me as my boss decided to assign me with 2 new responsibilities in the past month. Both new responsibilities are something new that I have not undertaken before and it is not related to my regular work. I know that some of you may be wondering why I did not reject my boss.

Personally, I am grateful to my bosses who have helped me to attain my SIATP (The tax professionals association in Singapore) membership 3 years ago as I decided to stop my ACCA, after I have failed too many times despite trying. Although, the maintenance of the membership and the need to maintain the required CPE hours on my own efforts can be tough, I am still thankful for this as not many bosses would want their staff to surpass them nowadays, and currently the accountancy sector has been undergoing some major changes, like the non-audit threshold has been increased to $10 million, subject to various conditions. The PIC Scheme is another area that has made the work of tax professionals more challenging.The tough stance of audit requirement has resulted in some businesses being converted into partnerships or SP. Given my physical disability, it will be hard for me to have such an understanding boss and good department colleagues to work with. Some bosses on seeing my disability, would feel that my current pay package is very high already and would undercut my pay by a lot. Given that with my current pay and the commitments that I have does not allow me to buy a flat, I shudder at the thoughts if I were to leave my job now and get a lower paying job.

For me, I prefer to treat any tasks given with vigour, taking it as it come, rather thank playing taiji like what some of colleagues are doing. After managing to taiji the tasks away, they have more time to chit chat during office hours, rather than working. To me, every task given is a new opportunity to learn. I am sure that Heaven has eyes to see and that I will be rewarded one of these days.

Despite my busy work schedule, I still manage to find time to attend classes organised by NACLI. I am happy to say that I will be completing my Certificate of Community Development in late January. It is likely that I will continue with my Certificate of Community Leadership.

To those who are concerned about my search of my life partner, much as I hope to settle down, but I believe that such things should not be rushed. Having been through the nasty experiences have taught me to be careful about the people that I meet, before I commit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings