Energy Sapping October

It has been an energy sapping October for me as I had to deal with the office politics at my work place and some family matters, as my mum had continually advised me to get a house, get a girlfriend and get married.

This was definitely not something that I want and can wish for it to happen soon as I always believe that it is better to get a house when you have a partner, as the cost of the house can be shared with your partner, therefore the burden is not that heavy, as having 2 people to pay for a big purchase is always better than one. I still stand by my belief that a single needs a remuneration package of at least $6,000 to own a flat in Singapore. I also had the feeling that they wanted to move in with me if I had a singles flat, so that they can rent out on the one that we are living in. Personally, I prefer not to be saddled with too much debts as my insurance commitments are already a lot due to my physical disability.

About getting married or getting a girlfriend, it is something that I hope to achieve, but it is not so easy, especially with my disability, people have other viewpoints about you, which is something that you cannot change. Also, by forcing the issue, the relationship will usually turn out bad. I have tried before myself and seen real life examples of people around me suffering from the impact of bad marriages or bad BGRs. This can happen to anyone, including the guys.

After a family friend’s intervention, both my mother and myself understood where we are coming from and I am thankful for my mum’s plan for me, although I still feel apprehensive about this as my mum is getting closer to her retirement, yet she wants to have me started on a good footing.

My friends have sensed that I have been moody recently. Talking to some of them made me feel better. My grandma’s health has not been good for some time, but I have not been able to see her, due to some elders showing my family  their black faces when we are there to visit.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings