Stressful October

I had thought that I was able to relax a bit, after my boss had assigned me an assistant to assist me in the admin matters that she had tasked me to do. As my assistant hails from a foreign country, I had to guide him along the way. I think in this way, this newbie will be able to pick up his ropes and be on his own if I am not around.

Little did I expect another colleague of mine, who is also under my care as my boss had asked me to take charge of this young colleague, to push the mistakes that she made before she went on leave, to me and my assistant. I wonder what is with the young nowadays. Are they easily bored by mundane tasks and thus they show attitude? I was thinking that she had been inadvertently brainwashed by her predecessor, who had been in contact with her on a regular basis, which I got to know when this young lass blurted out in a casual conversation. As the predecessor had left the company on unhappy terms, it would not be a surprise that she may have taught this young gal all the wrong things and say bad things about the company. Fortunately, the nightmare is over and the new staff will be coming in later this week.

The 2nd thing that I did not expect was when the other admin task was handled me as someone in office was tired of all the liaison work, and decided to just give up on the task without proper handover. Upon the takeover, this person still decided to liaise with the auditor and even accuse me and my assistant for not returning the documents to client in full. How do I know, when the boxes of documents are not taken in by me. The good thing is since I had taken over, my assistant and I have taken the habit to label the bags with the names of the company. As the boxes were not labelled, they are definitely not taken in by us. It is a joke sometimes as you guys know that I have a physical disability, therefore I am not suited for these tasks. It is good that I have an assistant to assist me with the carrying.

I thought home was the place to free my mind from all the work stress. Little did I expect it to be same at work. My parents had been pestering me to get a flat since I hit 35 years young. I have told them due to my physical disability, I have quite a number of commitments in insurance & family and do not have the ability to spend. My friend, who is a financial planner, recently did a review for me and was wondering how I managed to survive on deficits for so long.

I am not earning a net pay of $6000 per month, I am just earning about 35% of that. As a prudent person, I hope to be able to afford a house and not be saddled with debts into my retirement. I believe one should get a house when he is ready to settle down, which both parties must come to an agreement.

I am glad and thankful that some of my friends lent me their ears and heard me out over the past few weeks over this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings