2015 In Review

I am still trying my best to adapt to use the old Blogger Template to publish my blog. It seems like my Windows Live Writer is really walking out on me, causing me to blog by using the Microsoft Word Template. Frequent readers of my blog would know that I would usually do a yearly review of my year as it draws to a close.

2015 has been a taxing and tiring year for Paul, and not as smooth as I would have liked it to be.

Work

The year started off on a new note as my company welcomed a new associate company to be one of our new auditors. There had been problems with the previous audit associate. Due to a gag order by my bosses, I am not allowed to reveal too much in here. Working with new people means starting new working relationships all over again. I must say it is not easy but I am glad to say that I have been doing my best to achieve it, since taking over from my colleague, who threw out the task of coordinating work with the auditors to me in late June. This means more work for me, not that I am complaining, but it means I need to have more hands to look after my tasks sometimes.
My manager was on long leave in the early part of the year due to illness. As it happened unexpectedly, all of us were taken by surprise. This incident also made me realized that
1.       One should always go for your regular health checks, no matter how busy you are.
2.       Never recommend a friend to work at your office, even if he/she needs a job desperately as you would never know when she would take the opportunity to stab you in the back or always take advantage of your presence in the company and be late for work, always on MC, push aside work when requested by superior or fellow colleague.

It is unfortunate that the friendship turned bad after the incident and the person left on her own accord sometime after the incident.

Volunteer Work

RC Activities

It has been a busy year on the volunteer front as well as our country celebrated its 50th birthday. This meant that many RC activities were themed based on that, and required our active participation. It also marked the start of my 2nd term as the treasurer of the RC. I have a new assistant to assist me. I must say she has been of a great help to me.


The IRAS Volunteer e-filing exercise

There was a drastic drop in the number of e-filing centres from 21 to 7 this year. It was fortunate that I have managed to gather some of the old-timers to form a team at my liaison officer’s request as he felt that the new volunteers are coming in with many requests for letters of PR application, request for ECA points & nomination for awards. Volunteering should be from the heart, and not because of the benefits. I would like to congratulate my team as each of them played a part and won an award for their contribution. I feel proud to have led this team to success this year and look forward to replicating the success next year.

For all my above efforts and past efforts, I was awarded Outstanding Volunteer Award, Long Service Award (10 years) and Slient Heroes Award.






Family

My grandma passed away on 31st October 2015. I personally feel that it is a relief for her as she had been struggling for quite a while with her illness. My mum, as usual has been hoping for me to settle down with a mate. In recent times, she has even asked me to plan for a roof over my head. We shall see how it goes when the time comes.

Friends

I am happy that my friends, Chloe & Gonnie & Jonathan & Serene got hitched this year. Also, Raymond welcomed a 2nd addition to his family.

KTV Group

The KTV group had a change in its venue for its KTV events after the members felt that the service standards at Partyworld Liang Court had been dropping. The new location is Voice Art at Bishan. It is opened by local singer, JJ Lin’s mum. I am heartened by the support for the new venue and hope that 2016 will be better.




Special Events

I attended the SG50 NDP at the Float this year, followed by JJ Lin’s concert.



Wishes for 2016

I look forward to a smooth flowing 2016 with an advancement to my life. =)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings