Busy Mar to Apr

It has been a while since I last blogged. I had busy with the community tax filing initiative that I have started in place of the Volunteer e-filing Service by IRAS. As the cancellation was done at the last minute, it had made us the volunteers and the taxpayers who used the service pretty unhappy as taxpayers do not know where to seek for help, and have to take leave just to file their taxes?


I am sure that some of you may have read through the major newspapers before the filing deadline that there were long queues at IRAS as people had been queuing up for hours to e-file their taxes. It is fortunate that my grassroots adviser had given her support to me & my friends to start this program for our fellow people. I am happy to say that I have exceeded my expectations and helped these people e-file their taxes.


It gives us a sense of satisfaction that we have managed to help these people, despite the limitations placed on us.


I personally feel that community service is what we should cultivate in our young and not “the not in my backyard” syndrome. We all grow old one day. Does this mean that when we are old, we deserve to be written off by technological advances?


This makes me feel that we still have some way to go when it comes to community bonding and how to help these people when they need help?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings