Busy Busy Busy

It has been a while since I last blogged as I was busy with work and was tasked to work on my RC’s National Day Event, planning a BBQ for my friends, planning for my group KTV events.

Work has always been an issue since I took on a task which my colleague threw out a year ago, and I was assigned by my bosses to handle this since then. It has not been smooth sailing as some of my colleagues have been seeing red that I am handling the task so well, with the help of my assistant, which my boss took in last year to help me to handle these mundane tasks so I could concentrate on my taxation work. Some friends have been asking me why I have not thought about moving on as all these have left me with limited time to do what I like best, taxation work.

There are several reasons that are holding me back.

  • 1.       The current economic climate
  • 2.       The fear of another long job hunt as employers seem to have not embraced the fact that people with disabilities can work as well, if not better than their normal peers and I may suffer a pay cut.

3.       My bosses have treated me very well and encouraged me to upgrade myself always. I am doing so by attending CPE courses. I always learn a lot from these courses.

The RC National Day Event, which I was tasked to plan and organize has been hit by poor ticket sales. We have been trying to keep costs low, but to date, we have only achieved about 40% of our targeted number. I guess it’s a sign that the times are bad, which is also affecting the take up rate for my KTV events. I have actually chosen some of the low cost venues to hold the KTV events, like Voice Art & Teo Heng KTV. These places are quite smart too. They want you to pay in advance when you book the venue as they will not lose if in the event there is a no show. Being an event organizer is never easy and friends will know that I do not earn anything from this.


Leaving you with my favourite NDP song in the spirit of celebrating our Nation’s 51st birthday on 9th August.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings