A Brand New Year & An Interesting Start

I decided to have a rest today as I had 2 full day of activities for the past two days. I would like to thank these friends for keeping me company as my family members are either not in Singapore or busy with their activities at the moment.

30 Dec 2016 - A Post Birthday, Post Christmas & Pre New Year Celebration

I met up with my volunteer friends Angela, Jia Jie & Xiuling for this.This day had been planned since my boss announced that she would be giving us a half day off in lieu of the New Year Eve. We had Itacho Sushi for lunch, before heading for our KTV session at Teo Heng for our KTV session, ending off with dinner at TCC Bugis Junction (utilising my 30% birthday discount in the process). I hope they enjoyed the day as much as I did. I am glad that they liked the Christmas gift that I have chosen for them. This year, it was tough to choose a suitable present for them as my mind was preoccupied by the office politics that is unfolding in my office. I would like to thank Xiuling for baking those delicious brownies for us to try.





31 Dec 2016 - Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017 Countdown

I was invited to this event happening at my KTV friends', Gonnie & Chloe's house yesterday. It was a fun and homely gathering as we got to taste Raymond's cooking and countdown to 2017 at the same time. We also learnt that mixing Japanese choya with green tea brings out the sweet taste of the Choya. I must say that the spaghetti was not bad.




On the 1st day of the new year, I was surprised to be approached by someone, who gave me money, saying that it was for my dinner. I was a little stunned to react. My neighbour, who was walking in the opposite direction, told the stranger that I was working. She said that, it is tough for me, so the money is for me for a meal. This is not the 1st time that this happened. Last week, I took cab after a gathering with friends. The taxi driver charged me $10 instead of the full fare of $17 when I reached my destination.

It is fortunate that I always do volunteer work since my school days till now to pay it forward. As one of my friends put it, "If you think that you are stuck in a rut, there are people who are worse off than you. The important thing is to keep a positive mindset."

This means that I still have to pay it forward with my services where I can. =)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings