Bottled Feelings Part 2

My boss had asked my audit associate to send down their staff to assist me & my colleague with the audit matters, which I thought was a good sign, but sad to say, an auditor from the associate company had photocopied 65 pages of documents during his statutory review of a company, and was caught in the act by my boss. My boss had minded about this issue since Day 1 of the collaboration, as the associate does not pay us a single cent for what they photocopied. I was chided at the company meeting that I had not informed them about this. I am not audit trained or an administrator of my company. I am employed by the company to handle the tax matters of our clients. How do we know that the documents they photocopied are essential for their audit? The way she chided me in front of everyone irks me as she said if I do not tell the auditors that photocopying is restricted from now, she would assign other colleagues to do it. I know that others will not do a good job as they were the ones who threw out this unenviable task to coordinate the audits of our clients to me and my colleagues in the 1st place. When I passed the message via Whatsapp to the auditors, you said that I may have sounded rude after hearing from the audit partner that the auditor had autism. I could tell that the auditor that he had the illness, by virtue from my experience as a Pioneer Generation Ambassador, and my brother was diagnosed with this illness in the past.

I must say that the audit partners have a good heart, otherwise they will not be employing staff with tongue cancer or with autism. My boss is not bad too, if not I would not have stayed on for the past 9 years plus, but what saddens me was she doubted my ability to put the important message across to the auditors. I wonder what made her think like this. It could be her family problems or her health problems recently, but the lack of trust really hurts.

I pride myself that I always do my best when I do anything, be it volunteer work, work or my CPE hours. I was sharing with my mum that I am thinking to move on, but because of the current economic situation, I am staying put. My mum is against me to move on and asked me to forgive my boss.

To rid myself of my sadness, I caught the last episode of the Korean drama, The Sign on Friday. It was a sad ending but at least the killer was caught after the main lead sacrificed himself to catch the killer. This was one of the songs from the drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings