Embracing New Technology

I am typing this on my new laptop that I have purchased last week, thanks to someone's kind sponsorship. This is my 1st laptop. I have always been a desktop computer user since I started learning about computers when I started working before the start of my poly days at a computer service centre.

I had expressed my like for this laptop after my boss had asked me to buy this lean and lightweight laptop cum tablet for the company's use. In recent times, such technology has become a requirement as IRAS has started to implement tablets to e-file personal taxes & corporate taxes. Because of this, I feel that I have to keep up with the times and carry a laptop to work.

The reasons that have put me off getting a laptop for so long are:-

1. It is pretty heavy and it can be a stress for me to carry due to my physical disability.
2. Some functions can only be performed optimally by a PC.
3. I can be a little clumsy with the touchpad and the keyboard as I tend type quite hard on my keyboard sometimes, resulting in wrong words being keyed in always.

This new Samsung Tab S Pro 10 manages to have these features that attracted me to it.

1. Lightweight. It weighs less than 1kg.
2. It is a touchscreen laptop as well that functions as a tablet when needed.
3. It uses the same charger as my new handphone, the Samsung Galaxy S8.
4. It is a solid laptop for work but not for games. I am not a game person anyway so this is okay for me.
5. As it is lightweight, it can fit into my bag without any problems.
6. This 2 in 1 hybrid comes with a SIM Card slot that allows me to connect to Internet if there is no available Wifi.
7. A full charge lasts about close to 7 hours.

Of course, there is a drawback on this laptop. It has only 1 USB slot and it uses USB-C slot. However, this can be resolved by getting a USB-C multi adaptor, which I got it from Challenger at $49.90. I am thankful to the Samsung store guy at Nex as he actually recommended to save cost as Samsung is carrying this product at $128 and has only 3 slots, one of which is the HDMI slot. I can buy it but I decided against it although I had the NS50 voucher, which I could use it to offset the purchase as I do not use it to do presentation for the time being.

I am looking forward to a good relationship with this laptop, even though I did not like the colour initially as it is white and I was worried that it may get dirty easily but mum thought that it was a classy colour.

I also got myself a new digital camera as my family had misplaced mine after their Europe trip last April. After trying out 2 Olympus, 1 Nikon, I went for Canon this round. This model which I got can print directly to my printer, NFC photos to my handphone & do file transfer to my handphone.

As technology is always evolving, we must constantly keep in constant touch and use it frequently so that phobia will not be developed. However, it is always hard especially for the older folks. I hope our civil servants can be more patient as they assist them through the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings