Eventful August

It has been a while since I last blogged as I was bogged down by my work, as my boss decided to add on to my responsibilities, making me in charge of the firm’s accounting & admin staff. This is on top of the audit co-ordination that I have been doing for the past 2 years. This duty ran into problems recently too as my boss and clients have been complaining about the slow progress of our client’s audits.
“All work and no play makes Paul a dull boy”. I am glad to share that the number of attendees improved since I adopted a new attendee’s idea to put up dates for the next 2 to 3 months, so that attendees can better plan and manage their schedule to join the KTV. In fact, my co-organiser and I are heartened by the response for the August KTV, which we had 30 participants. We also decided to celebrate the birthdays of those whose birthdays fall in August. I hope they enjoyed the KTV and hope the newbies will take the opportunity to join us again. I would like to take the opportunity to thank the manager & assistant manager of TCC International Building, Chris & Fred for their kind assistance to process my order & deliver the cakes for me, despite the fact that the restaurant do not provide delivery service.
I am happy to share that I have received the 5 year long service from People’s Association last night. I had never expected that I was able to last so long and would like to thank the committee for allowing me to serve despite my disability. I am humbled to share that I have been serving as the treasurer of the committee since 2012. It has been an enriching experience for me to have learnt a lot
I would like to share that I will be continuing with the community tax e-filing program for next year after receiving support from some quarters. Details to be announced when the dates are closer. Friends who are in the accounting, tax, audit and HR background are welcome to join me as volunteers. I would like to thank Park $2 Project & U Volunteers and several sponsors for making this possible.
Leaving you with 3 of my favourite songs at the moment.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings