Happy Chinese New Year Of The Dog

It has been a while since I last blogged. I would like to take the opportunity to wish my readers a Happy Chinese New Year. It has been a slow 2 months for me as there has not been much work at office. This gives me the opportunity to take 3 breaks, 1 for my birthday, 1 for Christmas & 1 enforced break by boss for CNY, which left some of my colleagues unhappy. To me, I feel that it is good to have one, even though your leave is cut as I will very likely be very busy next month.

KTV Group

It has hard to imagine that I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the group, same time as I will be celebrating my 10th year of service in this company. This is something I did not expect, leading a KTV group for almost 10 years. My love for singing has kept me sane from the work at office. I am always thankful for the support of the participants and my co-organisers for helping me to run the group, giving fresh inputs as I ran out of ideas.

Work

It is hard to phantom that I will still be working in this company after all these years, especially after what happened in December 2014 to the company. But various factors have prompted me to stay on. I hope the good vibes can outwit the bad for a while yet but I have also made plans as my bosses are already in their 70s.

Volunteer

I was asked by the Pioneer Generation Office & Ministry of Finance for an individual profile for Budget 2018. I did not expect myself to be in the news again after appearing for the TATA SMRT Facebook Group several times on the mass media last year. I am thankful to the guys at PGO for their faith in me to pull this off. This also gave me the opportunity to publicise the community e-filing programme which I will be doing from 24th Mar to 15th Apr at one of the tuition centres at Kovan on weekends afternoon. My family was certainly surprised by the features as I had not informed them in the first place.

I would like to thank all of you for your likes and feedback. One of them even messaged me that I do not look my age.=)

28061494_10155517944239353_1036334227063042963_o 

Shin Min Daily – 20.2.2018

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/touched-kindness-strangers-sporean-cerebral-palsy-pays-it-forward#.WouIx8aaVd0.facebook

Today – 19.2.2018

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/special/report/singapore/budget2018/news/story20180220-836379?xtor=CS2-6

Lianhe Zaobao – 20.2.2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings