Busy Mar & Apr

It has been a busy March & April 2018 for Paul both on the work & volunteer front, as I have been busy to do both tax filing at work and helping the taxi & Grab & Uber drivers to file their taxes, although it has been 3 years since IRAS ceased the programme, but I thought it will be useful for these people to come to me if they want, and instead of queuing at IRAS for a few hours just to get it done when their time can be better spent driving for fares on the road or cooking up more plates of char kway teow as life in SG is tough nowadays.

I am thankful for all the support given to me by my friends, the various organisations & people who assisted me in the publicity of this programme,  volunteering their time to help these people file their taxes, the space I got to run this project & of course, the sponsors who gave me funds to run this project.

I am also grateful to most people that I have helped contributed some money for this cause upon hearing that I have run this programme on my own resources and sponsorships. Most of them have expressed their wish that this programme to be continued. I have since started the hunt for a location to do this for next year. It will likely be a shorter version of 4 weekend sessions at the last 2 weeks before the filing deadline. If you have any places to offer, in the North, Central or North East, please do let me know.

However, I was angered by the fact that someone who is not my boss, had complained to my boss that I have been doing this outside my working hours too. I believed that this person could have seen the newspaper articles which I had been featured on the papers in Feb 2018. Fortunately, my boss’ nephew had informed my boss that he had saw me on the papers and my boss was supportive of my volunteer exploits. But after this incident, she asked me to keep a lower profile. I have always been trying to keep a low profile but when people asked me to be featured, they always tell me that I am sure with the feature, you will inspire people who are diagnosed with the same condition as you or some who are worse off than you.

Let’s hope my hunt for a location will be successful so that I can continue to help people in need of this service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings