The Year In Review 2019

Dear all,


Apologies that it has been a while that I have blogged due to my busy schedule after I had been struggling to recover from my fractured left hand and shingles since June. The recovery took an unexpected delay, which impacted on my work. But I am glad to be back in action since October 2019.


Work


It has been a slow year at work as due to the economic slowdown, work has not been rather smooth. The political side of work reared its head while I was on MC for my fractured hand. It took me some time to come to terms with some of the issues that popped up during this period. I felt disheartened during that period of time. I would say this was one of the bad years in my 16 years working history.


But its now all over. I am slowly regaining back what I built on for the past 12 years in the company.


Volunteer Work


It has been a mixed year for me. The community tax filing programme that I have run for the past 3 years received a low response despite the fact that I have cut the number of sessions by half. The good point is that I had received support from NTUC as I was featured on radio for running this programme. I was also engaged to assist them for one of their seminars.


For Silver Generation Ambassador Programme, a year which the MGP started, which I found the going tough as MG seniors are not as friendly as PG seniors. However, I am still continuing this as I feel that most seniors will benefit from a detailed explanation of the policies.


I am also touched by the actions of one of my Division Leads, Sabrina, who got me a walking aid when I was injured.


I was also featured on the AIC blog with my mum about doing engagement with seniors in September. I also received my service award in September.


KTV


The group grew in the year and I would like to thank my co-organiser, Annie for helping me with this. We celebrated our 11th anniversary in March. We also attended our KTV venue's 5th anniversary in October.


Look forward to a better 2020. It is said that those born in the year of the Goat, our luck will be good.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings