The Story of The Galaxy Note 20 5G & Work Musings

 

It has been a while since I last blogged. Although I am currently working from home, the work seems to be never ending and the frustrating part is my boss always felt that my manager and I who are working from home, have not been working hard enough as we have been only going back to office once a week to drop off documents for my bosses to check.  I have my reasons to justify this.

1.       My fellow colleagues are aware that the disabled friendly side entrance is closed as the Safe Entry check in and temperature checks are shifted to the main entrance, which has two high steps, which can be difficult for me to access, even with walking aid if it rains heavily. The bad experience of being on long MC and getting into a dispute with her over entitlements is not something I would want to go through again.

2.       I have done my work at home and printing it out from home at the same time. In this way, it is better as I do not have to queue as I go back to office to print. Because of this, my 9-year-old printer broke down recently due to the overworked printing. To enable myself to work smoothly from home, I had to buy a new computer in April and a new printer in July. I had a hard time selling away my old printer cartridges, posting on Carousell and Facebook Marketplace twice before letting go of 7 cartridges at a huge loss. I have done so despite knowing that you have not allowed us to claim for all these and had been secretly happy that IRAS has allowed for employment expenses for working from home.

3.       I note that my network connection may have some issues, after my friend attending the same singing class on Zoom with me said that I “fly away” sometimes during the course of the lesson. I even asked Singtel to come and check for me and they did what was required of them in 2 days after I escalated the issue.

4.       When I am back in office, I am always back there in fear, as I always see close to full strength of staff there. MOM had conducted a check at our office on 3 June 2020 to ensure that we had work from home measures in place. Because this was not done, we were ordered to close and ordered to maintain 50% of our strength in office and regulate other staff back in office to drop documents. Apparently, this is not adhered to and as bosses and senior citizens, you did not wear your masks when you talk to us.

5.       In the current world of digital technology, email, whatsapp and digital payments are the way to go, but the company still believe in cheque payments, physical printouts and the need to be someone to be in office just to man the phone line, when clients may email, whatsapp or call our handphone.

The new handphone came about after I felt that my phone was slowing down after prolonged use, and it has charging issues recently. I was averaging 600 to 1000 minutes per month, since I started working from home in April. The good thing was that I am on the Combo 3 plan. I sought the help of the Singtel customer service, and decided to settle on Note 20 5G phone after consulting my IT expert colleague. I am thankful to the Customer Service Management Team for his arrangement and dedication to assist me to do the comparison, ensure that I got the Prestige voucher early, found out about my other Singtel voucher, made special arrangements on knowing that I was differently abled. His colleague was equally good as he helped me save more money in recontracting my Mobile Swop and Data X4 plan. I did not add on any accessories as the phone cover and screen protector came for free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings