The Importance of Mental Health & Learning To Say No

 

It has been a month since I last blogged. I feel sad to share that the new job did not work out as well as envisaged. It caused me to be near a mental breakdown. I shall not go into further details as I wish to put this dark episode behind me.

The good thing is that I have managed to secure employment before I tendered. It feels good to have walked away as I certainly do not wish to become the 16-year-old student who was in the news recently.

Although I have hoped to start almost immediately, I feel that it is good for me to have a break as well so that I can clear my mind before I am recharged for my next assignment. I have thought about exploring Singapore using my “Singapore Rediscovers” vouchers but as Singapore is still in Phase 2 “Heightened Alert” at the moment, it is better to shelve the plans for now.

I know I have not been my usual self since I took up this job. A few of my friends who saw my Facebook posts expressed concern as they wanted to see the cheerful Paul back. I am glad to have such friends and I am fortunate that I have taken up singing as a hobby as music really soothes the mind and lightened the stress.

After so many false starts in this year, it is good to be back to where I started. I would term this as a “restart” point and I believe and hope to settle in well at here. This restart also allows me to have the opportunity to repay my bosses for their help in certifying my work experience for my SCTP accreditation.

I must tell myself that I can do it, and not to let failure overwhelm you. I learnt something from this episode too. Walking away from things that drain you keeps your mind sane. Mental health is just as important as physical health.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1wJq9f7Mk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings