An Unexpected March


Friends who know me would know that this month and next month would usually be my busy month as I would be involved in tax filing for those people who need the service to save them the hassle of queuing at IRAS to efile their taxes.

I have been doing this since 2005, since my 1st stint with my current company, as I feel that we should not forget what we have learnt in school. We will tend to forget what we have learnt if we do not use it often.

Since IRAS stopped the filing exercise at the community centres in 2016, I have been planning this program on my own. I am fortunate that this year, a friend of mine stepped forward with an offer to let my team of volunteers use his office to assist people to efile their taxes.

I am also thankful for the Giving.sg portal for helping me to form up my team of volunteers. It has not been easy forming up this team, let alone 3 teams as the recent surge in COVID-19 cases have put fear that they may be infected with COVID-19 if they are not careful.

It was my intention to do lesser sessions as COVID-19 is still within our midst. However, as these organsations went through the higher ups in our society, I feel obligated to do something for them.

Let’s hope everything can run smoothly as I start the program next Sunday.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings