March Full of Surprises

 

March has been a month filled with nice surprises, with a slight blip so far.

I was surprised to have receive a WhatsApp message from Lingzhi, Capital 958FM DJ last Friday after my dinner with my friends, while on my way home on the bus. She had wanted to a radio interview cum Facebook Live with me on the personal tax filing season.

It has been 3 years since I last did a radio interview with her on the same topic. I was surprised that she still kept my number. As I was on the bus, I could not talk on the phone with her, therefore I had to message her in Mandarin. It has been a while since I used hanyu pinyin on my handphone to type my messages in Mandarin. When I got home, I decided to give her a call to find out more details on the interview. After chatting with her for about half an hour, the interview was confirmed.

It was a fun experience doing a live radio interview and Facebook Live for the first time. You can catch the interview on this link.

Radio Interview

Next, I am going to share about a new scam that I was nearly a victim of. I had received a Telegram message that there was a part-time job opportunity from a so-called job agent. I tried to probe for further details, but was informed that the person in charge will share with me more details. The guy who called me later, shared with me that the job would require me to click on ads on the website and earn about $50 to $150 per assignment. When I went to the website, I discovered that I would need to top up a certain amount before I can start. Upon knowing this, I started to use delay tactics not to start the account, and blocked him from my Whatsapp later. I also made a police report, although I did not lose any money to this scam.

I think we really have to be vigilant as nowadays the scammers are smarter than us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings