Change

 


It has been a while since I last blogged. The past few months have been rather stressed for me as I underwent an unsuccessful job change, that led me to throw in the towel after 2 months into the job. My mum was wondering if I was the one who is not able to adapt to the new tech in the new working environment.  Most of the colleagues were nice to me in this work place, except that for one, this person had issues to buy food for me when I asked for it. Not that I minded about she not buying food for me, cause if you can't buy for me, the most is that I sit close to the stall that I wish to patronise for the day, get the stallholder to carry the food for me and enjoy the food.

The working environment looks okay initially, but as time went by, as you try to get used to the new place, you keep seeing colleagues leaving 1 by 1, including a colleague who was undergoing chemo treatment. In my 2 months there, I have seen 4 colleagues left. This sent an alert to me to check with my colleagues. Almost all of them told me that they joined in 2022. A check with my working files gave me a more shocking discovery. The staff handling the tax matters of the company were different each year. The idea of getting the accounts executives to do the tax computation was okay, but definitely if you want a tax professional to review the work quickly and sign off without given much time to check, it made me feel uneasy. I made the difficult decision to resign before Chinese New Year.

I took a month's break while looking for jobs at the same time before settling onto this tax supervisor role. I am currently on my 3rd week into the role, which I am enjoying, as teamwork can be seen here and the colleagues are nice to me. The only thing was that there was a fair bit of walking since the office was located in an industrial estate.

Let's keep the positivity going. =)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings