Some People Just Need To Wake Up

I am still suffering from slight pains from wisdom tooth operation. I managed to catch up with my revisions, these few days. Its a good sign, I hope. Just hope that I can do well.

Stella has managed to sign the appointment letter for her new job. I feel happy for her. :) She says the boss wants her to take some tests, like "lie-detector test" before she starts her job. She needs to pass, otherwise she cannot have the job. Anyway, I have told her that I would give her a treat in celebration of her new job after my papers. :) She has agreed.

The same cannot be said about one of my old NS mates, whom I regained contact with recently. He is about the same age as me. He had just completed his mass communications diploma, but I guess he is not suited for the course in the 1st place. He is a hearing-impaired person, therefore he would need hearing aid to assist in his hearing. Judging from my recent meeting with him, he still has problems with his hearing. I had to say what I want to say to him quite loudly, even though I am 10 metres away from him !!!!

You guys will be surprised with his answer, when I asked him what job he wants. He said " A news producer of CNA." I feel that sometimes when your body has certain limitations that hinder the work that you wish to do, you should consider altering your goals just to suit your limitations. I feel sad for his parents, especially his dad, who is a sole breadwinner of the family.
His dad is a taxi driver. To feed a family of 4, based on an unstable income is not easy.

I just hope that he comes to his senses and get an admin job with a stable pay, so that his parents do not need to worry so much about him. :) Please wake up from your dream, Alan.
I know everybody has dreams & hopes, but sometimes we have to be realistic. The world of journalism & entertainment is not for you. It is a too nasty world for you !!!.

I hope someone comments on this. :)

Comments

Dopey said…
ok, here's a comment since u asked for it...

i think that yr friend's ambition is to be well, ya respected. being hearing impaired doesn't mean he can't be in communications. rather seeing it in a different way, it shows how much he wants to do it, and i think he might prove to have more willpower to go for it compared to someone who's 'normal'. it takes a lot of courage to say what he's told u, despite all odds he's going to face. i would encourage him rather than blog something like you did.

you regained contact with him only recently, is it fair for you to judge him so harshly?

being 10 metres away from someone is rather a distance... are you sure you didn't mean 1 metre instead? ;)

it's probably fair to say that he should share in his father's burden. but give him a chance to pursue his dream, and who knows, maybe something good will happen out of it!
Paul said…
Well, I just feel that the industry is not that suitable for him as it is quite a complex industry.

Knowing him, he can try to be nice to everyone he knows, but sometimes, its his actions that can cause unnecessary misunderstanding.

I feel that to be a successful broadcast journalist or DJ, u need to have a good pair of eyes & ears nowadays. :)
S. said…
Sorry to intrude.

Regardless whether Alan's able to cope with the media industry or not, as a friend of his, I think you should be more supportive.

I don't think it's up to anyone of us to judge where he should be heading towards, career-wise. Hard of hearing doesn't mean he can't survive in the media industry. There's no limitations to what one can do, handicapped or not.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings