Modern Dance for Beginners

I went to watch this play 'Modern Dance for Beginners' with a new net friend, Mac. I was quite surprised she asked me out quite suddenly to watch this play with her on Thursday, because since I have known her, she seemed to be quite a 'cold' person, quite hard to get along with.

She was late for about an hour for our appointment. As we were running late for the play, we took a cab from Clarke Quay to DBS Art Centre at Robertson Quay. Along the journey, she said that since she was very late, she is giving me a treat to the play. In fact, she also treated me tea break later. Looks like have to treat her back the next round, which she said she may be bringing me to "Muchuan", the pub that Joi Chua used to sing before she started out. I am excited about it as never been there before.

The play was performed by two actors, who play 4 different characters each, showcasing the different viewpoints about love, sex and marriage in the society. Personally I feel that the viewpoints are pretty true but the acting was pretty static & the change from one scene to the next one seemed to have no link to the next one.

After the show, we went to a nearby cafe at UE Square for our drink. It was defintely surprising to see her opening up, talking about work, play & hobbies. We actually went on for about an hour before heading home.

http://www.sistic.com.sg/SOPApp/SOPPortal/portal_proxy?uri=4bYV7!C4Brd1J.tOGoS4j4ZItAeAJO5AzsJFM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings