Inconsiderate Relatives Again!

I heard from my dad that my relatives are going to have a gathering at my uncle's place on 17 Dec yesterday. My dad was stunned by the short notice. Anyway, my family will not be attending the event because of the various commitments that we have for the night. My cousin has been informed.

Me: My birthday celebration at Cafe Cartel.
I simply cannot change that as my friends have already kept themselves free for the event.The thing is that some of them have already bought my birthday present. It is also quite difficuit to get everyone together on the same day. It is a big one, so if I have to disappoint, I have to disappoint about 10 to 14 people here.

Brother: Church Camp/Choir Practice / My Birthday Celebration
All these events were planned by the church before the school term break. Therefore, there is no chance for it to be cancelled or postponed. Even my birthday celebration, he may not be able to make it.

Dad: Night Job - Taxi Driver
It is a known fact that Saturday evenings are the best time for taxi drivers. So do I need to say more? Putting it in a blunt way, who is going to help us when we have not enough money?

Mum: Community Centre Dinner
My mum has already paid for this. It is not cheap also. We do not have so much money to burn.

My dad feels that he was not consulted for the gathering. He feels that he is not even his mother's son. His sisters are selfish people who only thinks about themselves & choose the timing that fits their needs. They do not care about other people's feelings & wonder the people are free on that day.

For me, I feel the same way as my dad. And ever since that unhappy incident that popped up during the period leading to my grandma's birthday, where we were also informed at the last minute, or should I say suddenly, I am very disillusioned & resolved not to attend any family gathering!

For the record, I did not attend the celebration, as my appointment with my friends was planned in advance, due to our busy schedules. I was being chided by my aunt, who told my mum that I should have put family commitment first. My retort was " Did they treat us as relatives or family in the 1st place, if they have the heart, they would have replanned the event to a Sunday, where my dad will not be working and everyone could start earlier if possible & end earlier if they wished.

Family Commitment, what rubbish? When all of you aunties there treat us like commodites? Where is family spirit? I think it will follow my grandma to her grave. I am so sorry to say that!!!

Comments

DARLing said…
oh that is bad of them but who cares
& ENJOY at cafe cartel
Paul said…
Yeah, I know u ladies & gentlemen won't disappoint me right? Except for some people.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings