Sick on Christmas Day

Had a late nite last nite, slept at about 1.30am. I woke up at close to 11am today. I knew that something was very wrong as I felt a strong heat on my body. Geez. Fever is visiting me on Christmas Day! I continued to have a light breakfast & my light lunch before taking the fever medicine to send myself to sleep again.

To me, Mr Fever has choosen the right time to visit as I personally do not like Chirstmas, especially the religious meaning of it. I chose to stay at home yesterday despite the fact that my dad asked me to join in his church's celebration at the Grassroots Club. His church friends will always have the same question for me every year. The question is " Why are you not joining your dad & your brother to be in the same religion?" They have forgotten that religious beliefs of people are supposed to be made by the person himself. I am a person who do not like to be forced to do something which I do not like. This also explains why I chose to give up on a gal I like, 3 years back. She & her mum felt that I should be a Chirstian before I can start a BGR with her.

I beg to differ on this, as my parents is a classic example of different religions can get along together. Although there is initally quarrels here & there, but I think the key to the matter is respecting one's faith.

Personally, I consider myself to be a free thinker, as I do not believe that you need to join the religion's activities to know new people. I feel that the morals of upbringing is always being taught by your parents, teachers and/ or relatives. In fact, I feel that people who are too engrossed in a religion would do him more harm than good.

My religion as stated in my identity card is Buddhism, which I feel that I can relate to. But as I told my mum to tell her peers in the religion not to be engrossed in getting me to join their activities. She used to get the people to ask me to join the activities. She says its a chance for me to know more people & maybe get myself a girlfriend. Those people have since given up on trying to get me to join the activities as I always reject them. As for my mum, I told her I would rather know people through the normal way or cyberspace. I always believe true friends exist in cyberspace as well. Just like I have several close ones, whom I am close to. As for BGR, we cross the bridge when we come to that. At 26 I feel that I am still young.

Comments

Richie said…
Yes, paul. Be positive about life.
Kazzzzzzz said…
good that you feel young. I feel as old as the Brontosaurus... Haha...
Paul said…
U r younger than me SR, u shld feel even younger.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings