A Brand New Look for Me



This pic was taken after I collected my new specs at Compass Point this afternoon, but not before going to the Samsung Shop at Plaza Singapura to enquire if I could change the "faulty" USB cable that I bought on Wednesday. I was on afternoon leave as I felt that I needed a break after spending so much time at work & not recovering from my sore throat yet, despite taking the medicine as regularly as possible, meaning juggling between my work & study commitments

My mum has even bought me a cough mixture from Gurdian Pharmacy to see if it works on me as it worked on her the last time when she had such a persistent cough. Thanks mum!!!

Was at Plaza Singapura when I got a call from Jason. He said that he had traded in his Sony Ericcson handphone & changed to the handphone I am taking now, Samsung E640 as the USB cable was not working. I told him I was also facing the same problem & was going to try to change to another accessory. He suggested meeting up after I collected my spec as his appointment was cancelled. As I had nothing on after that, I agreed.

The shopkeeper was unwilling to change the cable in the 1st place & got me to go to the Samsung Customer Service Centre at Level 4 to try. I explained the problem to the officer & she tested & taught me how to use the USB cable in a patient manner. It was then I came to know that I was able to use the PC software provided to back up my phonebook & messages & I had missed a step in the setup process. It was a case of "no setup instructions provided."

Met up with Jason after collecting my specs. The bus ride from Compass Point to Junction 8 was fast. It took only 20 mins. We had an early dinner at Cafe Cartel since both of us had light lunches. Jason had medium rare beef steak, while I had fish & chips. Both of us had iced mocha & iced water as our drinks. We enjoyed the meal especially the bread.

After that, we did some window shopping before heading to Swensens for our desert. We had the Peppermint ice-cream. We chatted for a while, giving each other an update of what has been happening to us & some of our friends. Of course, we touched on the CNY Gathering at my place on 4 Feb. He can't confirm with me now though as he is afraid that he may need to follow his family to do house visiting.

After that, went window shopping again. I had wanted to get a working coat / jacket for work purposes as my office air con, which is getting colder by the day, & blowing directly at me. My jackets are like getting thinner. Hmmm looks like the hongbao money may come in handy as I saw a coat that I liked at G2000. Hope the offer last till then.

Home sweet home @ 10.30pm.





Comments

DARLing said…
Your hand shake la - so blur cant see and some more u never smile when u take this pic
Richie said…
ops. paul is looking at me.
Paul said…
Haha, change pic. Thanks 4 e comment, DJ.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings