Evacuation Drill & Long Lesson


I woke up to find that it was raining heavily on a Sunday. Guessed that it was a signal for me to take a cab to Starhub Centre for my full day class for my lesson with my new tax lecturer.

Just as I was drinking my morning coffee, my buddy, Rich messaged me that he was taking the North-South Line to try & avoid the Civil Defence Drill. But unfortunately, he was outsmarted the people planning the drill. The train he took could only proceed to Bishan. My mum called up a while later, to ask me to take a cab to there as the MRT would not stop at Toa Payoh to Marina Bay Stations. It was later through the news that I found out that Toa Payoh, Dhoby Ghaut, Raffles Place & Marina Bay were affected. I was thinking that I made the right decision to take a cab to class . During my cab ride, I was cursing the lecturer, why plan a 6 hour lecture on this day? Rich took a cab to class too from Yew Tee MRT.

The lecture was pretty energy draining. Halfway through, I think both of us were about to fall asleep because the lecture was pretty monotonous. To me, it was even more boring, as I faced these situations at work almost everyday.

I was glad that lunchtime came at about 1pm. Rich offered to buy packed MacDonald's meal for me as he said it was crowded. Thanks buddy, for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

After lunch, it was another boring three hours before the lecturer called it a day!

The reasons for my energy drain was that the thought that she gave so many questions as homework & as I saw the schedule, next Sunday (15 Jan 2006) will be another 6 hour day again. Let's hope it won't rain again, otherwise another cab ride. All $$$$ gone. Dad will be nagging about it again !!!

Comments

DARLing said…
hheheh caught in action for rich,,,
how many year for u n rich ?
Paul said…
8 years & still strong!
Richie said…
Darl ~ Ops....

Paul ~ so what do u wan for lunch next sunday? How about some ice mocha? hehe. U fall asleep also will ace this subject. pressure rite?
Paul said…
Rich: I nt as godly as u ok.
Just hope can pass can liao
High marks is a bonus.

Lunch next sunday, Dunno

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings