Lunch with Friends


I was out for lunch at Plaza Parkroyal with Darling, Richard & Rebecca today, but not before my mum had something to say about what my New Year Resolutions should be for 2006.

I should be reading more books, despite my busy schedule for work & ACCA. In this way, I can find myself a girlfriend in time to come. Not wanting to pick up a quarrel with her, I just kept quiet & let her say whatever she wanted. She thinks that looking for a girlfriend is like picking vegetables from the supermarket. I just feel that it is pretty funny. Anyway, as said before, I feel that at 26, I am still young. My career has just started & I am still pursuing my ACCA. It is quite common that guys & gals these days get hitched after 30, due to the high standard of living leading to people pursuing more degrees or MBAs to keep up with development in technology & getting high pay packages.

I should be attending more religious outing for my Buddhism practice. I have tried attending with the group of youngsters that she introduced to me. However, I found that the people in there are too immersed in the religion itself, making me fearful of the religion, that I do not practise nowadays. I can sense that she was upset about it, but I don't think it can be helped, because I do not want to be such a "siao on" person about religion. Another thing is that even though we are around the same age, I feel that we do not have common topics to talk about.

Back to the lunch, we met up at Levander MRT before proceeding together to our lunch venue. The menu was like the Christmas menu that I had with my bosses & colleagues that day. There was no durian prata but a lot of seafood, like soft shell crab, sashimi, mussels & oysters. Yummy yummy. We have a good time having fun feeding each other & SR was busy "drawing" our faces on the napkin. To think that DJ went crazy & took photos with my phone & Richard's phone. But I think all of us had a lot fun. We had a full & long lunch.

After the lunch, we walked to Seiyu Bugis & Raffles City after that. Was hoping to find some CNY clothes, especially T-shirts & bermudas, but the prices were definitely not within my budget, despite the "Sale"/ "Discount" tags on them. It ended up all of us ended with nothing, except for DJ & Rebecca, where they bought some ladies stuff.

This is what the ladies have to say about the lunch.

DJ

SR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings