Net Friends Day



I was out with 3 net friends for lunch & dinner.

Jaslyn & her friend, Christine- Mushroom Pot @ OG Orchard

This was the first time I was meeting this net friend, who is like my "little sister". We can actually chat about amything under the sun. Jaslyn would usually come to me when she faces BGR problems.

Was late for this appointment though & felt very sorry about it. I apologise to her & her friend here again. Sorry for being late. We wanted to go to the "好吃王" recommendation of the Kiliney Road restaurant. Unfortunately, when we reached the MRT station entrance, it was raining heavily again. Left stranded, I decided to bring the gals to Mushroom Pot instead. Jaslyn was saying that she have not tried the Mushroom Pot before & wanted to try it. So we took the underpass there. I could sense that they may be having problems with their shoes behind as they walked. I decided to stop at the taxi stand & waited for them to catch up. It is not my style to throw my friends behind as I walked. Jaslyn told me later that Christine was having problems with her shoes as the heels were slippery. I told her we could walk slower to match her pace.

Had beef paper steamboats & 3 side dishes. The food was good but it was marred by Christine finding something that looked like a worm in her food just as she was about to finish. I guess that could have caused Jaslyn to have a bout of diahorrea later, just as I was about to settle the bill.

We chatted about our jobs, bonuses & our future plans. Christine is from Civil Service Dept that is about to be corporatised soon. She was saying that she may not have bonus once corporatisation occurs. Jaslyn is planning to use her LCCI qualifications to secure a new accounts job. She is afraid that she will be stangant if she stays in her current sales job.

Wanted to treat them, as I was late & seeing the way they were pouring their wallets for cash ! But the ladies kept saying no. They felt pai sei.

After parting with the ladies, I took a bus to Takashimaya & decided to do some CNY shopping before meeting Grace at 5.30pm at Hereen. Got myself 3 shirts from Bossini & U2 for $22. Cheap Cheap Cheap!!! At the same time, I decided to shop for Grace's birthday present. I didn't manage to get what she wanted as it was defintely out of my budget. In the end, I got her the Kenny G CD that I bought for DJ & SR.

Marche Movenpick @ Hereen

Grace was late due to a long wait of the express bus. I gave her the gift & told her that I didn't manage to get what she requested. Luckily she liked the CD. It has been a while since I been to Marche Hereen. I had been going to the Suntec Branch for the past year. The branch has been renovated & it looks more spacious now. It comes with a playground too.

I had sashimi, pasta & salad. Grace had steak & steamed potato strips. Yum Yum. The reason for the meet up was Grace would be leaving for Perth for her nursing degree on 4 Feb. All the best, Grace. This net friend of mine, was the 1st net friend I met up with 4 years ago. The place that we met up, her house!!! I was there to help her with her poly project. Her mum is also quite friendly, like her too.

We chatted about my blog entries, her ex-es & her future plans after completing her degree. I didn't know that she is an avid reader of my blog. She saw my CNY Gathering entry & was pretty sad that she couldn't join in. She even asked me to ask my mum to mail her her red packet. Haha:)

We parted at about 9pm.

Had a fun day, but the thought of a full day lesson tomorrow spoils the joy I had today.


Comments

Richie said…
Always secretly meeting friends. Trying to elope with someone else? Hehe.
Paul said…
No la, just meeting new ppl, expand my circle ma. Something u shld do to try & fill e void left by her.
Paul said…
We must be civilised ma. Dun forget Rich's blog has links to mine. She can read it, u know?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings